``shutdown -p now'' not working in 5.4 STABLE

Mike Eubanks mse_software at charter.net
Thu Aug 4 20:32:45 GMT 2005

I have finished migrating my system from 5.1-RELEASE to 5.4-STABLE.  The
system no longer powers down using either the `shutdown -p now' or
`acpiconf -s 5' commands.  Instead it always restarts.  I have tried the
GENERIC kernel as well as several custom kernels.

I'm stuck at this point.  Are there any sysctl flags that may be of
importance or something else I may be missing.  I haven't changed
anything with respect loader.conf or device hints yet.

The hardware is roughly two years old - 09/2003
Motherboard: GA-7N400-L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS

--
Mike Eubanks <mse_software at charter.net>