fsck_ufs: cannot increase directory list

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Apr 28 10:32:07 PDT 2005

I rebooted my server, and fsck'ed the disks, and here's what I get:

# fsck -y /vol1
** /dev/da0s1d
** Last Mounted on /vol1
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
fsck_ufs: cannot increase directory list

# df -i
Filesystem             1K-blocks        Used      Avail Capacity  iused
     ifree %iused  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1d            1891668564 1643042028   97293052    94% 32927755
211542003   13%   /vol1

What's wrong?  It lets me mount it rw and ro, but I'm afraid data is
going to get corrupt.

Eric