Newbie Question About System Update

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Apr 25 10:53:46 PDT 2005

> KVM requires you to physically _be_ at the colo.

?! Not the one I have for our colo - it's a little java app
where I choose a machine from a dropdown and get the video
in a window on the desktop.

> A serial console with an IP address and ssh capabilities (which is easy to
> set up, or fairly inexpensive to purchase) allows you access to the system
> as if you're sitting at it, over ssh.

Ah, O.K. sounds fairly similar to what I have. Preseumably you can get at
BIOS settings and stuff like that too ?

Still don't see the advantage to be honest, but thanks for the explanation.

-pcf.