tester needed: problems in 5.3R errata solved?

Chris Landauer cal at rush.aero.org
Thu Apr 21 10:54:43 PDT 2005

hihi, all -

Hiroki Sato <hrs at FreeBSD.org> asked about problems in the 5.3R errata file
that are not yet fixed in 5.4-RC3

i had two problems that as far as i know are not yet fixed

	one is the sk(4) driver for the onboard Yukon GigE chipset, as
	mentioned by Alexander G. Chamandy (i have other machines with belkin
	GigE network interface cards that do work with the sk driver on 5.3R
	and 5.1R)

	the other is the ancient (i am told it actually predates freebsd)
	overflow error in calcru() - i have been running my proposed fixes
	(which only affect processes with over 100 hours of cpu time) for
	several months and there have been no problems - i am writing up the
	suggestions and will submit them when i am done

if anyone wants to help me test these things, let me know

as far as i know, though, neither of these errors was in the 5.3R errata file

more soon,
cal