%idle stuck at 33%?

mvh at ix.netcom.com mvh at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 17 14:34:10 PDT 2005

I should be more clear - the idle % never goes below 33.3%, spends
most of its time at 33.3%, and the disks are not even remotely
saturated.  They are 15K SCSI drives and the above is true even when
there is no apparent disk activity.  Seems like the idle % is being
calculated incorrectly.  I am just trying to found out if anyone else
seems anything simlar before I file a PR...