Enabling HTT On A Uniproc w/4.11-Stable

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Apr 17 00:58:17 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-Apr-17 01:50:51 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>How do I enable hyperthreading on a Uniprocessor p4 system.
>I tried my usual SMP kernel options (SMP and APIC) but, of course,
>the kernel cannot find an APIC.  I have set the appropriate option
>in loader.conf to enable hyperthreading but, No Joy.  Should I
>use the SMP option alone here?

You definitely need APIC for SMP and the APIC is part of the iA32 spec
so I'm sure you have one somewhere.  At a quick guess, I suspect you
haven't enabled the APIC in your BIOS - check for an option that
allows you to select between PIC and APIC interrupt types.

If that's not the problem, we need more information: Motherboard/BIOS
type and at least the beginning of a verbose boot (down to about the
pci0 probe).

--
Peter Jeremy