Beastie/ how about Mozilla?

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Mon Nov 29 10:19:55 PST 2004

Jon Noack wrote:
> Can we please stay on-topic?  Stephan's email seems to have sparked a lot
> of Christian-bashing, and I can't see how that is on-topic.  Sure, he
> probably deserved to be flamed for not finding the "beastie_disable" knob,
> but I am offended by some of the emails I've seen.  Since when is it
> acceptable to ridicule a person's religious beliefs on stable@?

When their religious beliefs start affecting my life, I'm not going to remain
silent about it.  You can call that "ridiculing" or "Christian-bashing" if
you want, but as far as I'm concerned it's impossible to ridicule someone who
is shaken by a _picture_ of _cartoon_(!) on their computer.

I would have been happy to remain silent on this, but it led to Scott's
commit that removed the beastie menu and that was going too far.  In that
sense, yes, it is indeed relevant for stable.
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/