"panic: ffs_blkfree: bad size" with HPT374 IDE RAID

Jaeho Shin netj at sparcs.kaist.ac.kr
Sat Mar 27 00:30:14 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 05:26:17AM +0100, Bj?rn K?nig (bjoern.koenig at alpha-tierchen.de) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > I'm getting unpredictable kernel panics from a 4.9-STABLE box.
> >
> > I use a RAID5 volume consisting of 8 disks, which are
> > connected to a HPT374 IDE RAID controller. This box is
> > a public FTP/Rsync server whose files are all stored
> > in da0. There are read I/O from da0 for most of the
> > time, and some write I/O occur when synchronizing files
> > from other mirrors.
>
> Did you try the drivers from HighPoint or do you use the FreeBSD built-in
> drivers? Maybe it helps to use the other.

I didn't know there were built-in drivers in FreeBSD, so I used drivers
from HighPoint from the beginning.

I am using drivers downloaded from:
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/brr454.htm, FreeBSD driver v1.21.
Of course I flashed the BIOS with the included image.

--
신재호 | Jaeho Shin <netj at sparcs.kaist.ac.kr> | http://netj.org/
System Programmers' Association for Researching Computer Systems