natd & virtual hosting

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Mar 23 16:44:37 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:12:08 -0800
"Eli K. Breen" <eli at gopostal.ca> wrote:

> Just to wrap up this thread (although it has left the realm of
> FreeBSD-specific)
>
> This worked perfectly! (Apache2 only)
[.. lots of info about the Proxy module snipped...]

I don't know if this is 1.3 specific, but I use this solution with
Apache 1.3.x:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName somename.domain.example
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/$     http://server/     [P]
</VirtualHost>

where 'server' is a dns-resolvable name (or ip address).
In another, the RewriteRule line looks like this:
    rewriteRule (.*)    http://192.168.1.1/$1  [P]
at the moment, I can't remember why this one is different.

Also, I can't remember where I first found this mentioned (except that
it is documented at the Apache web site).
 HTH
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway