Weird NFSvs rdirplus issues

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Thu Mar 18 13:21:58 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Mike Andrews wrote:

> > > # grep acreg /etc/fstab
> > > server:/fs /mnt nfs,ro,-lis,acdirmin=0,acdirmax=1,acregmin=0,acregmax=1 0 0
> > > # mount /mnt
> > > mount: server:/fs: Segmentation fault
> >
> > What happens if you change "-lis" to "rdirplus,soft,intr,nfsv3"?
> > Readdirplus is a v3 call so it might imply it anyway, but best to be safe.
>
> Same thing.  It's definitely using v3.  The default is to try 3 then back
> down to 2, but I did try explicitly forcing 3 and it made no difference.
>
> Though that does bring up another point: it would be nice if 'mount' (with
> no arguments) would tell you what your currently active options are, like
> it does for ufs.  I did find some discussion of this in the archives, but
> no definitive indication that it was planned (and it's not in 5.2.1...)

I think it was dependent on getting a new method for passing mount flags
around which did make it in to 5.x. Its probably something that someone
would have to work on, thats all.  For NFS tuning options, though, I'd be
a bit sketch on passing ALL of them back; I don't know if the current
implementation understands which have been changed so it knows to send
them down.