mod_php4 and portupgrade

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Wed Mar 17 20:02:05 PST 2004

At 2004-03-18T02:37:20Z, "kyle" <kyle at xraided.net> writes:

> Ok, so, apparently I'm a miserable failure... I changed my MAKEARGS
> section accordingly:
> 'lang/php4' => 'BATCH=YES WITH_CTYPE=yes WITH_CURL=yes WITH_EXIF=yes
> WITH_FTP=yes WITH_GD=yes WITH_MYSQL=yes WITH_OPENSSL
> =yes WITH_OVERLOAD=yes WITH_PCRE=yes WITH_POSIX=yes WITH_POSTGRESQL=yes
> WITH_SESSION=yes WITH_TOKENIZER=yes WITH_XML=yes WITH_ZLIB=yes',

Kyle and others,

Frankly, I think you're making this too difficult.  Edit /root/php_options
like so:

    WITH_BCMATH=ON
    WITH_BZIP2=ON
    WITH_CURL=ON

and be done with it.  Look at /usr/ports/lang/php4/scripts/php4_options for
a list of knobs.  This has worked on all of the systems I manage for quite a
few months now without any perceptable breakage.

You can still put 'BATCH=YES' in pkgtools.conf, should you wish to do so,
but let the port itself do the heavy lifting on this task.
--
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,
 94 outdated ports.