Can't First Install FreeBSD 5.2 Release

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Wed Jan 28 03:23:06 PST 2004

"Imam Akhadi" <netmax at mojokerto.org> writes:
> I was install FreeBSD 5.2 on Hewlett Packard [...]

FreeBSD 5.2 is not -STABLE; you should ask on the -current list
instead, and Cc: the -scsi list since this is a SCSI problem.

> Can someone tell me whether or not this is indicative of a hardware, or
> software, problem?

It looks like a problem related to tagged queueing.  It's possible
that your drives have bugs in their tag handling, or that there is a
bug in the FreeBSD SCSI code.  Turning tagged queueing off or limiting
the depth of the queue might help, but it will also reduce disk
performance.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no