HEADSUP.. USB MFC coming..

Brian Lynn blynn42 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 19:40:49 PST 2004

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 08:54  PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I plan to commit the MFC at http://www.josef-k.net/freebsd/
> (the latest one) in the next couple of days. If you really care about
> USB in 4.10 you might do well to test this on your equipment,
> ESPECIALLY if you have unusual devices. Let me know of both successes
> and failures please.. If I hear nothing I won't know if it's because
> no-one tested it or it was just without problems..
>

> Please also check these same devices without the patch BEFORE you let
> me
> know of any failures so that we can tell if they are truely caused by
> the patch..
>
> I hope to commit on Sunday Afternoon California time..
> (around 23:00 Sunday UTC)
>
> I will then move on to merging in the EHCI USB-2.0 driver.

I can't seem to load usb.ko anymore, I get the following error at boot
time (and again when usbd is run):

Feb 28 22:32:52 ted /kernel: Preloaded elf module "usb.ko" at
0xc055741c.
Feb 28 22:32:52 ted /kernel: link_elf: symbol usb_allocmem undefined

Everything does work fine with usb in the kernel, and I can load
additional usb modules in that case (e.g. GENERIC plus snd_uaudio.ko
works)

Also, share/man/man4/uaudio.4 is not connected to the build with the
latest patch.