i386/65965: make buildworld fails for STABLE

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 25 15:43:25 PDT 2004

On 2004.04.25 14:08:20 -0700, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> On Sunday 25 April 2004 01:56 pm, you wrote:
> > Synopsis: make buildworld fails for STABLE
> >
> I remove /usr/obj and run make cleandir twice everytime I run make buildworld
> and did so this time.  So maybe the "create/installed for use during build" is
> missing something? It seems too early for you to close this with out making
> some effort to solve the problem.

I'm rather sure that this isn't a general problem since I can't
reproduce it and I have seen not anything on -STABLE about this problem.
As I mentioned before build problems are (IMO) better disussed on
-stable, so I don't see a reason to keep the PR open.

> Why was the  /usr/include/net/if.h on my
> system still missing IFCAP_POLLING? During make build world?

buildworld will not update your installed files, but it created a
temporary include diretory which is used during buildworld.

In any case, to fix you problem you should check /etc/make.conf for
options that can give problems (e.g CFLAGS).  The problem could also be
a corrupted /usr/src so you could try to remove that an run cvsup again.
Also make sure that the cvsup server you are using is up-to-date.  The
problem could also be something in your shell environment.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team