filesystem corruption with 1TB filesystem, 4.9-STABLE, twe

Ollie Cook ollie at uk.clara.net
Mon Apr 19 10:05:34 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:51:16PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Can you rule out hardware problems by substituting in a different
> known good 3-ware card?  Last time I saw anything like this was an IO
> controller chip going marginal through overheating under heavy load
> and flipping occasional bits on disk block addresses.

Hi,

This is the first time we've tried the 3ware ATA RAID cards so I don't have
another 'known good' one. Usually we use SCSI RAID cards. If I were to replace
it I still wouldn't be able to guarantee that is was 'known good'. I may be
able to arrange a part replacement, just to test that theory, in any case.

Are you aware of any utilities which would be able to diagnose what you
describe? I guess what I'm asking is how did you determine that that was what
happened last time you saw these symtoms?

Thanks,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie at uk.clara.net               +44 20 7903 3065