FreeBSD 4.10-BETA available for i386

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Apr 13 19:25:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 09:38:00PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 03:31:21PM -0400, Joe Altman wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:47:38PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > >
> > > miniinst is the stripped down ISO that only contains minimal set
> > > of binaries.  It is not an abnormal name.
> >
> > But the mini-install disc is not disc 1, right?
>
> Correct.

This is a side-effect of how the .iso files got generated.  It could
be another case of EROOKIEBUILDER.  I had followed the procedures I
normally use for the sparc64 release builds but a few things need to
be done differently for i386 that I wasn't aware of.

As the BETA iso images stand both miniinst and disc1 will look like
they are named miniinst.

Sorry.  If it winds up being me that builds the RC's I'll find out
what to do differently.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu