Installing FreeBSD without sendmail

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 11 05:14:35 PDT 2004

On 2004.04.10 15:57:29 -0500, Joe Halpin wrote:
> David Magda wrote:
> >
> >Look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for settings on sendmail(8). If you want
> >to completely disable it set the following in /etc/rc.conf:
> >
> >sendmail_enable="NONE"
>
> That's what I do every time I install. I was hoping there's some way to
> configure it that way during the install.

In the network service dialog there is a MTA selection option.  In there
you can choose to disable sendmail during the installation (among other
things) and set sendmail_enable in /etc/rc.conf.

Let me know if you can't find the option and I will check up on the real
names used in sysinstall.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team