upgrade from 4.8 SMP to 4.9 SMP causes unexplained rebooting!

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Apr 4 00:48:31 PST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 07:51:58PM -0600, Chuck Rock wrote:
> I have not been able to get FreeBSD 4.9 to run under a heavy load on any
> Dell 2450 or 2550 servers. I can' only get good results from Compaq
> servers, or single CPU systems.

We have 2 2650s and 3 2550s and some other misc boxes running
4.9-STABLE as of Feb 9 or Mar 19, and they've all been behaving
well (one unexplained reboot, but on slightly twitchy hardware..)
We don't use the bge driver on the 2550s, as we couldn't get it
to behave OK, but other than that things seem to be OK.

	David.