A stupid question...

Eirik Oeverby ltning at anduin.net
Tue Jun 10 06:38:44 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have the rl problem from time to time - it is as if the interface is
unplugged from the HUB. However, I have no problem pinging it from the
host itself, but it's gone to anyone on the outside.
A "ifconfig rl0 DOWN ; ifconfig rl0 UP" usually solves the problem until
it happens next time - which can be minutes, hours, days or weeks later.
I suppose in average I have it happening two to three times per month.
On another machine with the same FreeBSD version I do not have the same
problem, but the hardware is entirely different. Only the NIC driver
used is the same.

/Eirik