cvs commit: src/etc/sendmail freebsd.mc

Bruce Evans bde at zeta.org.au
Wed Dec 31 22:46:10 PST 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Doug Barton wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:
>
> > gshapiro    2003/12/31 09:42:16 PST
> >
> >   FreeBSD src repository
> >
> >   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
> >     etc/sendmail         freebsd.mc
> >   Log:
> >   MFC: Enable IPv6 by default but make it optional so it doesn't affect
> >        sites without IPv6.
> >
> >        Revision  Changes    Path
> >        1.29      +3 -3      src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc
>
> Greg,
>
> What happens if I have a RELENG_4 system, with no IPv6 enabled, and I
> mergemaster this change into my system? If everything keeps working with
> no errors, then I think enabling this by default is probably ok. If not,
> then I'd be concerned that this violotes the charter for -stable.

Maybe the same as in -current.  In -current, it affects sites without
IPv6 by causing annoying messages like the following:

Dec 25 22:19:30 gamplex sm-mta[507]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon IPv6: can't create server SMTP socket: Protocol not supported
Dec 25 22:19:30 gamplex sm-mta[507]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon IPv6: optional socket disabled

Bruce