burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFLUSH): Input/output error

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-stable at webteckies.org
Wed Dec 31 02:07:59 PST 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 18:10, Charles Swiger wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2003, at 2:26 PM, Richard Mahoney wrote:
> > Sense Bytes: F0 00 03 00 00 C9 9C 0C 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > 00 00 00
> > Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> >                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
>
> For a real SCSI disk, this would indicate a media error; does it do any
> good to use a different type of CD-R blank, or to burn at a slower
> speed?  Burning at 16X might be pushing things, especially if it is an
> older burner...

I'm also seeing this with a combined DVD-reader/CD writer on -CURRENT. I
haven't seen this with my NEC DVD writer, but granted - I don't burn too many
CD's on that one.
It only seems to happen when writing and then fixating in one command. If you
then fixate the CD afterwards, all is well, ie:
burncd -f /dev/acd0c fixate

I also haven't seen this with an AOPEN CRW5224, in PIO4 mode, on -STABLE.
Media varies, but mostly I use Nashua disks.
--
Melvyn
FreeBSD ghost.lan.webteckies.org 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #3: Sat Nov 29