printer job date change

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 30 21:32:23 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 00:08, Malcolm Kay wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:04, pixfbsd wrote:
> I would have expected that this would be where the PJL command is
> added.
>
> If some how it is added ahead of the filter you could edit the filter to
> pass the input though sed to change the date in the PJL command
> to whatever you want.
>
> > If I manually vi the file I can print, therefore I was trying to find a
> > filter that would send the PJL command to set the date to a default
> > 01-12-2000 all the time.

Another possibility is to install the print/lprng and print/ifhp ports;
ifHP can do things like this based on ifhp.conf, and it's designed to
work with LPRng (I wouldn't want to try to figure out how to use it with
a standard lpd...).

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH