uname weirdness after kernel/OS update

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 26 09:09:24 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 12:05, jaime at snowmoon.com wrote:
> 	I was previously running 4.9-PRERELEASE.  I used cvsup to download
> new source code and compile the OS, as I've done many times over the years
> that I've used FreeBSD.  Now, uname -a will show me 4.9-PRERELEASE and Aug
> 26, 2003 instead of 4.9-RELEASE or 4.9-STABLE and any of the December
> dates that I've attempted to compile a new kernel.

At a guess, you put stuff in your supfile to hold the "src-all"
collection at the August version, possibly due to the instability from
the PAE changes that hit in August and were patched around then.  Check
your supfile.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH