possible (kernel) bug with zebra

Thorsten Steentjes tst at guug.de
Thu Dec 25 11:14:35 PST 2003

Hello Victor,

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:34:20AM +0200, Victor Ivanov wrote:

> I don't know if my machine has some hardware problem, but I've noticed
> this
> strange behavior with zebra 0.93b_7 on 4.9-STABLE.

I have no solution for your problem, but I can confirm that it is not
hardware related, cause I see the same behavior here.
I'm using quagga-0.96.4_3 (which is a fork of zebra) on several
4.9-STABLE boxes.
I can report two major problems I have:
1. quagga and pseudo devices
Talking OSPF over a GRE device between quagga and a Cisco router
dosn't work. There are messages like this in my syslog
zebra[303]: There must be RTA_IFP address for ifindex 4
Furthermore, when I do a ifconfig down and then a ifconfig up on the gre
device, zebra dumps a core.

2. kernel panic in conjunction with zebra on my notebook
I tried running quagga on my notebook and was able to talk OSPF over the
wi(4) device. I send my notebook sleeping via apm and after waking it up
again, the kernel panics while the current process is zebra. IMO that
happens cause the pccardd needs a few seconds to reinitialize the wi
device and zebra ist already running. So zebra doesn't see the physical
device after waking up and that is the reason for the panic.

Cheers,
Thorsten
--
/* Thorsten Steentjes, Martin-Luther-Str. 8, 53919 Weilerswist, Germany	*/
/* Phone: +49 2254601458 | Fax: +49 2254601459 | Mobile: +49 1702105181 */