nfs_getpages: error 70

Johan Björk johan at qbrick.com
Mon Dec 15 05:02:10 PST 2003

David Malone wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 02:00:57PM +0100, Johan Bj?rk wrote:
>
>>In fstab my only options for nfs is ro,noatime,noexec. I search the
>>nfs/nfsproto.h for 70 (did I found the right code?)
>>
>>nfsproto.h:#define      NFSERR_STALE 70
>

> Someone deleted the file the client was working on, and now the
> client can't read pages from that file. If this happens to an
> executable while it is running, then it is best to just kill
> the running process.
>
> 	David.

Is there some way I can change this behavior? (Rebuild the NFS source) Just log the error, and
let the application timeout. The file is almost everytime already in cache.

--
Med vänliga hälsningar
Johan Björk

Public PGPkey: http://www.qbrick.com/pgpkey/johan.asc

Tel: +46 (0) 8 459 90 30
Fax: +46 (0) 8 459 90 99 URL: http://www.qbrick.com
Map: http://www.qbrick.com/vagkarta_02.htm

Qbrick AB Södra Hamnvägen 22 SE 115 41 Stockholm Sweden