Re2: 'long long' warning while compiling mit-kerberos on 4.9-stable

Illia Baidakov illich at newchem.ru
Tue Dec 9 02:21:47 PST 2003

Hello Lowell,

>> In file included from /usr/include/sys/param.h:98,
>>                  from ftp_var.h:111,
>>                  from ./cmdtab.c:39:
>> /usr/include/sys/signal.h:230: redefinition of `my_sig_t'
>> ftp_var.h:62: `my_sig_t' previously declared here
>> ./cmdtab.c:35: warning: `sccsid' defined but not used
>> *** Error code 1

LG> That is a very complicated piece of software to try to port on your
LG> own as a first effort.  It should be quite possible to get it running,
LG> but it will require some understanding of programming and the use of
LG> compilers.
There are a lot of documentation about this technology such as RFCs,
user's and administrator's guides, papers over the net and guru
advises.
All that I did was commnted the string 230 in
/usr/include/sys/signal.h
After that the building process has complited succesfully. Equally as
installing and checking ones.
I hope this change will not cause any serious problems with running
kerberos applications and will not open security breachs.

At the end I have turned the changes back.

So I trying to ask you ones again:
Is it a best practise to use Heimdal Kerberos on FreeBSD? If it's so I
think I have no limits to orientate myself to use it.

--
Best regards,
 a                            mailto:a at newchem.ru