Problem with Sil 680 RAID card

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Thu Dec 4 06:04:56 PST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 09:07, Andris wrote:
> OK, stable don't support it. How about 5.1-RELEASE?

Wrong. -stable does support it. You have to use "atacontrol" to create RAID
arrays.
(for mirror e.g: 'atacontrol create RAID1 ad4 ad6' 'atacontrol status ar0')
Rebuilding is a bit complex. You have to do a 'atacontrol detach
"channelOfTheFailedDrive"'
and 'atacontrol attach "channelOfTheFailedDrive"' then 'atacontrol rebuild
ar0'

Of course also 5.x supports the 0680!

Why do you post such answers? It's wrong!

-Harry