Obtaining FreeBSD 4.9-stable

Holger Kipp Holger.Kipp at alogis.com
Wed Dec 3 02:18:56 PST 2003

Ochirkhuyag (ochirkhuyag at mcs.mn) wrote:

>Anyone tell me where to get FreeBSD 4.9-stable ISO image.

a) you can get FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, eg from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org
   if you want to go to STABLE, you usually cvsup.
   To Support FreeBSD, buying the CD-sets might be an option :-)

b) Read /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html
   if you want to build your own iso-image.

c) wait for other answers. maybe someone is doing b) occasionally and can
   provide a ready-made iso-image for you.

I usually use a) and then cvsup to STABLE once in a while.

Regards,
Holger Kipp