sparc64 for the bin ??

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jul 10 21:06:16 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 04:43:17PM -0400, Joshua Pincus wrote:
> Is there no way to leave it as an unsupported arch of some kind?

Per the official support page, stable/11 will be supported through
September 30, 2021.  So even if sparc64 src is deleted from 12, it
will still be usable on 11 through that time:

  https://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html#sup

I suppose we could try to convince the src people to leave it in the
tree for 12, but merely disconnected; however, I think once it's
disconnected it will just bitrot.  That was certainly the fate of
the alpha arch.  (Given that FreeBSD src was under a much more rapid
rate of change in that timeframe.)

mcl