Compiling GCC 6.4 from ports - success

António Miguel Trindade antonio.trindade at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:58:40 UTC 2018

Hello, everyone.

I am relatively new to the FreeBSD SPARC64 architecture, but have been
using FreeBSD on x86 since 2003.

I have been trying to compile GCC 6.4 from ports for the last couple of
weeks and have now succeeded, albeit in a non orthodox manner.

Here's how I did it:

- Compiled GCC 4.6 from ports, with BOOTSTRAP off;

- Edited /etc/make.conf and added USE_GCC?=4.6

- Compiled GCC 6.4 from ports with BOOTSTRAP off;

I then tried to bootstrap GCC 6.4.0 using USE_GCC?=6+, but the result is
same as the above method with BOOTSTRAP on. The build process always
complains about differences between stage 2 and stage 3.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

--
António Trindade
Antonio.Trindade at gmail.com