Ultra 5 Boot Hang.

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Sun May 7 18:58:11 UTC 2017

I've got an old Ultra 5 here that I thought I might get booting again as it
is definitely not subject to the scary Intel chipset remote hack thing.  To
that end, I have it's framebuffer hooked up and so I'm re-typing any of
these logs.

The machine self-identifies as a Sparc IIi @ 266.  FreeBSD seems to think
that's 269.85.  The machine prom is bad, but I've found a site that gives
me a series of open boot command that boot things.

>From the open prom, I "boot net" which brings in a copy of 'loader" I took
from the cdrom using tftpboot.  From there, I load the kernel from the CD
and boot it.  These things appear to work.

FreeBSD sees the RAM (512M), the keyboard (kdb1 at kdbmux0) and nexus0.  It
then probes pcib0 successfully and assigns pci0 to pcib0.

It probes pcib1 and pci1 successfully, then hangs after probing these two
lines about devices on pcib1:

pcib1: device (null) requested unsupported I/O range 0x0-0xff
pcib1: device (null) requested unsupported memory range 0x0-0xfff

Now, I don't know if pcib0 or pcib1 is the PCI bus on the stand-up card,
but just-in-case, I removed the SCSI card and ethernet card that were there
(so the bus is empty) ... and it still hangs.

Help?