sparc64 packages once again available

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Aug 18 19:37:24 UTC 2016

After some time away I have decided to create some unofficial packages
for sparc64 to see if there is any interest.

Last year I did a large number of runs to try to get as much coverage
of the ports tree as made sense.  This time I'm only going to do a
small subset and try to turn them over more rapidly.  In particular
I am going to focus on packages that I feel would be popular for server
installations.  I am also going to focus on sparc64 on FreeBSD 11.

Most ports build fairly quickly except for the compilers, which take
hours.

I've updated the instructions on the wiki.  Note that I've rearranged
the directories on the server, and gotten rid of the hardcoded IPv4
address.

  https://wiki.freebsd.org/Sparc64Packages

I am going to do this on a best-effort basis.  Please let me know what
you think.

mcl