PCI range checking under qemu-system-sparc64

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 13 10:39:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 04:21:43AM +0200, Marius Strobl wrote:
> However, looking at ebus(4), I've spotted a bug in the conversion
> to NEW_PCIB. Interested parties might want to give the attached
> patch a try. That bug definitely can lead to the problem seen with
> QEMU, I'm not sure it's the only one in that regard, though; I'm
> fairly certain in this case there's no problem with interpreting
> the device-tree involved, given that the same code is used for
> ISA busses which - at least in reality - unlike EBus ones use
> I/O port instead of memory space for the resources of devices
> such as UARTs etc. There could be other spots not prepared for
> EBus devices suddenly requesting SYS_RES_IOPORT, too, though.

I've applied that patch, but it alone is not enough to allow the boot
to proceed further in QEMU. :(

As Mark had mentioned, I will try to get some debug info and share
it if I find anything interesting.

./danfe