Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 5 23:24:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 02:13:29PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> We don't have to expect clang support to work. Just having someone
> champion the external toolchain stuff and getting sparc64
> world/kernel/release building from say, sparc64-gcc 5.x would be
> enough.

sparc64 has been the first arch that have been tested with external toolchain:
build and run just fine.

The problem with the external toolchain is that if you are not able to cross
build the ports until you get a working toolchain available via packages, you
are doomed.

And we do not have that

Bapt