Help with boot on sparc with 10.1

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Fri Nov 21 14:48:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 14:06 +0100, sparc at hacknplay.org wrote:
> HI
>
> i have a sunblade 1500 and want to install Release 10.1 , downloaded and burned this iso to cd . ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/10.1/FreeBSD-10.1-RELEASE-sparc64-disc1.iso.
>
> But it wont boot from this cdrom
> so i download a debian sparc iso and test it with same parameteres , its booting.
>
> My question is: do i need the bootonly or is somethink wrong with my CD , maybe i use the wrong parameters for openboot ?
>
> Greetings Markus

Hello Markus

Please could we have more details on the fail?

I don't have a sunblade 1500 in my collection so can't replicate your
experience.

I can however confirm that the FreeBSD-10.1-RELEASE-sparc64-disc1.iso
works successfully on a Naturetech 777P (UltraSparc IIe driven laptop)

Kind Regards

Craig Butler