FreeBSD 10-STABLE/sparc64 panic

Eric Benoit eric at ecks.ca
Fri May 23 01:59:59 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-20 10:45, Chris Ross wrote:

> Despite the first boot working successfully, I rebooted it
> again this morning, after it had been running for quite a few hours,
> and the panic occurred 6 times before the system came up to
> multiuser successfully.

Just out of curiosity, and this is also for anyone else following along,
are you using IPv6 and have something like:

ifconfig_bge0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"

in your /etc/rc.conf?

My inglorious workaround was to remove (comment out) this line. Every
build from r263478 to the latest and greatest has come up consistently
and without issue. Since I actually do use IPv6 and SLAAC, I just
re-enable these from rc.local. It seems once the system is mostly
booted, this issue is no longer an issue.

Perhaps this is a clue towards a proper fix?

Later