freebsd-sparc64 Digest, Vol 562, Issue 6

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Sat Mar 29 22:32:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-29 at 18:20 +0100, Pavel Baculák wrote:
> Thank you very much for answer.
> It is a pity that is not official (unofficial) package site :-( becase I
> have FreeBSD on Sun V240 and this server is very old and slow for compiling
> all programs - For example samba4 take more than one day and compilation
> brings a lot of errors ..... :-(((

Hello Baculak

An unofficial pkgng repo is in the process and being discussed off list
currently.

Folk are actively working on making ports build for sparc64.  I'll add
samba4 to my list of ports to have a look at.

In the future if find any more that you have difficulty with please
email the list and tell us and maybe fill out a problem report
(http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html) to get a wider audience looking at
it.

Kind Regards

Craig Butler