Nexus improvements

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 23 20:36:02 UTC 2013

I've been trying for the last few days to clean up some of our OF/FDT
code, in particular related to reducing code duplication. There is a
12-year-old comment in sparc64/sparc64/nexus.c that "this code should
get into dev/ofw to some extent". Most of the code has been moved now
and the PowerPC nexus device has been replaced by the pieces of the
sparc64 one that now do live in dev/ofw. The following (almost entirely
negative) patch moves sparc64 to use it as well. Since it is just a copy
of the sparc64 code, this should involve no functional changes, and I
will commit it in a few days unless someone raises an objection. The
patch is only compile tested for the time being, so hardware tests would
be appreciated.

Patch at: http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/sparc64-nexus-unify.diff
-Nathan