High system time, 10-BETA3 on a Netra T1

symbolics at gmx.com symbolics at gmx.com
Wed Nov 13 20:40:40 UTC 2013

List,

I've recently obtained a Netra T1 AC200 and installed FreeBSD 10-BETA3.
I know this system is old and won't be quick, however, something looks
odd.

I'm running portsnap extract. top is reporting that ~65% of the time is
being spent in the kernel, with about 25% left for user, about ~10 for
idle and the rest on interrupts. The disc itself is running at about 20%
busy according to gstat.

Looking at 'top -S -m io' I see that bufdaemon is running at ~98%.

Is this something I should look into further or just accept?

--sym