disk block failing on root disk on sun blade 1000

Riccardo Veraldi riccardo.veraldi at gmail.com
Wed May 29 13:49:28 UTC 2013

On 5/29/13 3:47 PM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Riccardo Veraldi wrote:
>
>> the 80 PIN SCA interface won't fit in the internal socket!!
> There are adapters available to convert between SCA and the standard,
> 68-pin SCSI ribbon cables (plus separate 4-pin Molex power plug).
>
> Look here, for one example:
>
> http://www.ebay.it/itm/SCA-80-ADAPTER-a-68-PIN-ULTRA-SCSI-II-III-LVD-SE-/180605568244
>
> (I guessed you might be from Italy.)
yes you guessed right :)

but I need a FC - AL converter to 80 SCSI SCA... I do not know if such
converter exist

unfortunately I found out the internal sun blade 1000 disks are all FC -
AL disks :)
they ar ealso quite expensive compared to standard 80 pin SCA.

I found a FC - AL to SATA converter but... I do not know if it will work.