can't boot ISO image CD FreeBSD 9.1 on Sun Blade 1000

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun May 12 20:48:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Riccardo Veraldi <
riccardo.veraldi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  "ls" /boot shows an empty directory... no files...

What about "ls /" ? Maybe it was /GENERIC/kernel?
Or /kernel/kernel, or /kernel/GENERIC... ? Of course,
the kernel was in the root file system *somewhere*,
but I'm not sure it was in its usual place under /boot

>>I remember having some problems in the past, locating the

> sparc64 kernel. Maybe it was something like /boot/GENERIC/kernel
>  instead of /boot/kernel/kernel... Or something similar..., it's been
> a while ago since I've installed FreeBSD/sparc64 from CD-R or DVD-R
>  on my Blade 1500 and Blade 2500... Locating the kernel with 'ls'
>  and booting it explicitly worked though.
>

>> Rick

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/