Problems booting 9.1-STABLE on Netra X1

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Sat Mar 2 00:53:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 09:01:16PM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2013, at 20:34 , Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de> wrote:
> >>  It's clearly low-end hardware, and I could believe that it may be a "affects
> >> some but not all systems".  But, assuming it's more than just _one_ bogus
> >> system, finding a way to deal with it at HEAD makes sense.  Not necessarily
> >> that the earlier code is the only or best solution.
> >
> > Will do, I have to think about this some more though.
>
>   That's fine.  No problem.  I completely understand, and am working on my own
> for my immediate needs.

Craig Butler confirmed my impression that generally there's no downside
from registering a handler for the power fail interrupt on X1 (or V100
for that matter). So I did what I initially thought would be the best
option if the affected machine(s) indeed run stable despite this issue
and added a loader tunable in r247600. By setting hw.psycho.powerfail to
0 you can noe disable setting up the interrupt handler.