sparc64 machfb: (EE) Unable to map mmio aperture. Invalid argument (22)

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 07:42:56 UTC 2013

	From marius at alchemy.franken.de Tue Jun 25 23:52:19 2013

	On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:14:30AM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
	> I've just updated my Sun Blade 1500 silver
	> to 10.0-CURRENT #11 r251648. The graphics broke.
	> I get:
	>
	> (EE) Unable to map mmio aperture. Invalid argument (22)

	FYI, I have a fix for that. Unfortunately, while the Xorg ports people
	were fast on nuking sparc64 support from libpciaccess, they are now
	extra-cautious on adding it back ...

	Marius

oh, great!

I was getting nowhere with rolling the ports back to
before the latest Xorg updates. It is surprisingly
hard to move the tree back and have a consistent
set of installed ports. Some will have been marked
vulnerable, others (e.g. pkg) refuse to go back
altogether.

So, many thanks for your help.

Finally, I gather from what I read in ports@
in the last couple of weeks that the new Xorg is
unlikely to work on sparc64 ever and the
old (current) will no longer be supported
after a while, so future, say 2-3 years ahead
of X on sparc64 looks bleak, right?

Thanks

Anton