Changes to kern.geom.debugflags?

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Fri Jan 18 00:49:29 UTC 2013

On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:35 , Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:
> on 08/01/2013 03:53 Chris Ross said the following:
>>
>>  Out of curiosity, I did try 242229. It boots.  So. the problem occurred with 242230, which
>> came from 241289.  FYI.
>
> Chris,
>
> thank you for triaging and analyzing this problem.  And sorry for the long delay
> (caused by the New Year craziness you mentioned earlier).
>
> The problem is that arch_zfs_probe methods are expected only to probe for ZFS
> disks/partitions, but they are not allowed to execute any other ZFS operations.
> I assumed this to be true and forgot to check sparc64_zfs_probe.  Mea culpa.
>
> Could you please test the following patch?

  Thank you, Andriy.  Much as you'd expect, that patch solves the problem.  I get some
of the printf()s that I'd put into zfs_fmtdev(), and the system loads successfully.

  Please commit that patch, and if you could, change the comment just below the last
portion of it that is now not quite accurate (since you moved mentioned code).

  Thanks again!  How long will this take to get to stable/9?  Being new to FreeBSD,
I'm not too familiar with the process of HEAD/stable/etc.  (In NetBSD, it would be a
commit followed by a pull request.)

                      - Chris