How to retrieve the "bootpath" variable in a running FreeBSD ?

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 12 22:51:30 UTC 2013

Olivier Cochard-Labbé <olivier at cochard.me> wrote
  in <CA+q+TcrLq2tJd0ffLGgiswBkozs4T=pPwjby55B1FbD=pBE26A at mail.gmail.com>:

ol> Hi all,
ol>
ol> I've almost finish my nanobsd-sparc64 script but I meet a problem for
ol> the upgrade script.
ol> The last step of the upgrade process is to modify the OPB for booting
ol> on the new-system-partition "d" of my drive in place of the
ol> old-system-partition "a".
ol> I can use a simple command like this:
ol> eeprom boot-device=disk:d
ol> But this method is too stupid because it didn't works if my nanobsd is
ol> installed on another disk than the disk corresponding to the nvram
ol> alias "disk".
ol> This is why I want to use the more precise variable "bootpath" that is
ol> display during the FreeBSD bootstrap loader like on this capture:
ol>
ol> FreeBSD/sparc64 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.0
ol> (root at sparc.orange.bsdrp.net, Sat Jan 12 10:12:01 UTC 2013)
ol> bootpath="/pci at 1f,0/ide at d/disk at 1,0:a"
ol>
ol> But, I've checked in "sysctl -a" and in "eeprom -a"… I didn't found it.
ol> Do you know where I can found it from my running FreeBSD ?

 Try:

 % kenv currdev

-- Hiroki