Sendmail

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Mon Feb 25 16:48:06 UTC 2013

As Richard Thornton wrote:

> >  Which lines do I have to edit, in which configuration files, so that I
> > can actually use the mail command and actually send an email out from my
> > sparc based BSD computer?

IIRC, by default, outgoing mails ought to work out of the box.  The
following setting in /etc/defaults/rc.conf (unless overridden by
/etc/rc.conf) is responsible for this:

sendmail_submit_enable="YES"    # Start a localhost-only MTA for mail submission

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/