mount: /dev/da0p1: Invalid argument

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:47:20 UTC 2013

On 02/08/13 07:38, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> 	From chris at monochrome.org Fri Feb  8 13:27:48 2013
>
> 	On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>
> 	  [ snip ]
>
> 	> So what is the advice for transferring data
> 	> via USB in such cases? Any other gpart partition
> 	> I could use?
>
> 	I've always used FAT32 for thumb drives and the like. I don't know if
> 	the SPARC would be able to use it, but FAT32 seems like it's most likely
> 	to be usable by the largest number of different platforms.
>
> But how do I create FAT32 partitions on FreeBSD?
> The gpart doesn't seem to support it.
>
> Anton

for a new fat32 fs I used:

newfs_msdos -F 32 -L travelsize /dev/da0

(FreeBSD 9.1 amd64 over here, for what it's worth)
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt