Sun Ultra 45 supported?

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Sun Dec 8 13:56:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 10:25:12AM +0100, Torsten Kirschner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is Sun's latest and greatest SPARC workstation, the Ultra 45 (two US IIIi
> CPUs, XVR-2500 framebuffer, FC disks), supported by FreeBSD?

IIRC, Ultra 45 differ from other USIIIi-based systems in the RTC chip
used, which is a bit of an odd device and FreeBSD has no driver for
so far due to lack of hardware for testing. Apart from that, FreeBSD
should run on Ultra 45. However, I think even OpenBSD doesn't have
a driver for the XVR-2500.