Fixed! [was Re: U60 needs two tries to boot 8.3 UFS/ZFS?]

Scott Newell newell+sparc at n5tnl.com
Sat Apr 6 21:10:05 UTC 2013

At 05:53 AM 4/6/2013, Marius Strobl wrote:

>The firmware emitting "Trap 3e" is rather unusual and I haven't
>seen such behavior in case of exceptions before. Normally, its
>reaction upon traps looks different, so I'm not sure whether this
>is orthogonal to the remainder of your problem or not, but the
>question rather is, why does your setup book at all :) The ZFS

Exactly.  Note: I received the "Trap 3e" on two machines and with
both UFS and ZFS bootlocks.

I managed to get it working by zeroing the entire disk, then manually
installing 9.1 as per Mr. Lidl's script reference:

{0} ok boot disk
Boot device: /pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3/disk at 0,0  File and args:

 >> FreeBSD/sparc64 ZFS boot block
     Boot path:   /pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3/disk at 0,0:a
Consoles: Open Firmware console
-
FreeBSD/sparc64 ZFS enabled bootstrap loader, Revision 1.0

Thanks everyone!

--
newell  N5TNL