sparc64/141918: [ehci] ehci_interrupt: unrecoverable error, controller halted (sparc64)

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Fri Mar 30 14:00:29 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/141918; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de>
To: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala at hinterbergen.de>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/141918: [ehci] ehci_interrupt: unrecoverable error, controller halted (sparc64)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:50:19 +0200

 On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 03:34:26PM +0200, Manuel Tobias Schiller wrote:
 > On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:30:26 +0200
 > Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de> wrote:
 >
 > > On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 01:00:25PM +0000, Manuel Tobias Schiller wrote:
 > > > The following reply was made to PR sparc64/141918; it has been noted
 > > > by GNATS.
 > > >
 > > > From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala at hinterbergen.de>
 > > > To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, bel at orel.ru
 > > > Subject: Re: sparc64/141918: [ehci] ehci_interrupt: unrecoverable
 > > > error, controller halted (sparc64)
 > > > Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:58:07 +0200
 > > >
 > > >  --Sig_/VHMCV0/0GzXjMMwv0Mf__N+
 > > >
 > > >  Dear all,
 > > >
 > > >  has there been any progress on this one? I'm seeing basically the
 > > > same thing with FreeBSD 9, but in my case the problem turns up when I
 > > > try to mount one of my ZFS filesystems built in a RAIDZ configuration
 > > > on real hard disks connected over USB. The disks are fine, and the
 > > > ZFS filesystem was unexported cleanly on a different machine. You can
 > > > find the kernel messages from dmesg below.
 > > >
 > > >  I'm willing to test patches, but it might take a while, since my
 > > > machine (Netra T1 AC200 with a 500 MHz CPU) is not quite that fast
 > > > when recompiling kernels.
 > > >

 > > Have you given the two patches mentioned earlier in the audit-trail
 > > of this PR a try? It's probably a good idea to additionally put
 > > "options USB_HOST_ALIGN=64" into the kernel configuration file
 > > when testing the one for usb_transfer.c.
 > >
 > > Marius
 >
 > Hi Marius,
 >
 > ok, so you did not get feedback on those patches.

 No; so far I also couldn't reproduce this problem using the on-board
 EHCI controllers in sun4u machines or the add-on cards I have. What
 controller is this? If I'm not mistaken, the T1-AC200 don't have an
 on-board EHCI controller.